Servings: 12 Hand on: 25 min. Total Time: 1 hr., 5 min.
- 1 1/2lb. small sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 cup (4 oz) freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°. Layer half of sweet potatoes in a lightly greased 12-cup muffin pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 tsp. thyme and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining sweet potatoes. (Potatoes will come slightly above the rim of each cup.)
- Microwave cream, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 tsp. thyme at HIGH 1 minute. Pour cream mixture into muffin cups (about 1 Tbsp. per cup).
- Bake at 375°, covered with aluminum foil, 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Run a sharp knife around rim of each cup, and lift potato stacks from cups using a spoon or thin spatula. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish, if desired.
*Gruyère cheese may be substituted for mozzarella cheese.