Servings: 5 Hands on: 31 min. Total Time: 6 hr., 41 min.
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 10 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 lb.)
- 1 recipe White Barbecue Sauce (See below)
- Combine first 7 ingredients until blended. Rinse chicken, and pat dry; rub seasoning mixture over chicken. Place chicken in a zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and chill 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove chicken from bag, discarding bag.
- Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 8 to 10 minutes each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 180°. Serve with White Barbecue Sauce.
White Barbecue Sauce
Hands on: 10 min. Total Time: 2 hr., 10 min.
Stir together 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise; 1/4 cup white vinegar; 1 garlic clove, minced; 1 Tbsp. coarse ground pepper; 1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard; 1 tsp. sugar; 1 tsp. salt; and 2 tsp. horseradish until blended. Cover and chill 2 to 4 hours. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.