Servings: 6 Hands on: 15 minutes
Total Time: about 1 1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. seasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- black pepper to taste
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lb), trimmed
- 1/4 cup minced scallions (optional)
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper in a baking dish large enough to hold the chicken. Transfer 1/4 cup of the mixture to a small bow, and reserve for glazing. Add the chicken to the baking dish, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high (or, alternately, heat the broiler). Grill the chicken 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through. Brush with some of the reserved glaze, turn, and cook 30 seconds more. Move to a platter; shower with scallions and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with edamame-corn salad.
Edamame (Soybean) & Corn Salad
Servings: 6 Hands on: 10 min. Total Time: 1 1/4 hrs.
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1/2 cups cooked edamame
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cooked corn
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
In a small saucepan, combine vinegars, sugar cumin, onion powder and garlic. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
Place edamame, corn, and red pepper in a medium bowl.
Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables. Stir to mix.
Cover and chill 1 to 4 hours, stirring once.
Just before serving stir in cilantro.